Hair Care Tips
Here are just a few tips on daily care to keep your hair weave looking healthy, manageable and reusable.
• What type of hair care products should I use?
Treat this hair like your own hair. Use good quality shampoo and conditioning products. Conditioning your hair is very important to keep it soft and manageable. We recommend using a deep conditioner on your virgin hair once per week, but avoid using oil or heavy styling products.
• Do I have to do anything special in the morning?
We advise that you comb your hair every morning. Gently brush your hair from the ends towards your scalp. Starting from the ends keeps the pressure off the weft area and is a good way to maintain the longevity of the extensions.
• Do I have to do anything special at night?
You must NEVER sleep on wet hair. Sleeping on wet hair is known to matte hair that makes it very difficult to keep the hair the way you want. Just make sure your hair is completely dry before you go to sleep and you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Rolling your hair in rods at night will maintain your curls and limit the amount of heat you have to use on your hair daily.
• Is there maintenance involved with the up keep of this hair?
Yes, schedule your re-attachment service appointments every 5-8 weeks.
• Can I go swimming?
You may go swimming in pools and hot tubs. We recommend braiding your hair or pulling it up into a ponytail before swimming to keep your hair from tangling. It is best to wash your hair right after swimming. Add a spray in conditioner after swimming.
• How often can I wash my hair?
As often as you like.
• What is the definition of Virgin & Remy?
“Virgin” meaning guaranteed to be unprocessed, free of any hair color or chemicals; retaining all cuticles in its original healthy state.
“Remy” meaning all cuticles of the hair are guaranteed to be in the same direction.
This means no more hair tangling problems.
***Virgin Hair is the most luxurious hair extension on the market. Each bundle can vary slightly in texture and wave pattern since it comes from different donors. NO two bundles are exactly the same.***
• Caring for Virgin Hair is no different from caring for your natural hair. Our Virgin Hair is the closest you will find to your natural hair.
• Styling Tools: It's very important to use a wide tooth or paddle back brush using gentle strokes, when washing and or styling the hair. Small tooth and retail combs can snag the hair which can cause unwanted shedding.
• Before Going to Bed: Gently brush hair to remove all tangles. Braid your hair into a couple of big braids, wrap your hair, or tie your hair into a ponytail or bun. Sleeping in a satin scarf is also beneficial.
• Washing Your Hair: Keeping your hair extension clean is very important to making them last longer. Before washing your hair extensions: Brush your hair and remove all tangles and knots. Then wet a small portion of hair at the time and use a good detangling shampoo, and a rich moisturizer. Distribute shampoo and conditioner evenly throughout the hair. Always wash your hair going in a downward motion. Apply a deep moisturizing conditioner to your extensions.
After washing and conditioning your hair, apply a good leave -in conditioning product, this always helps to keep your hair super soft and moist.
• Wavy & Curly Hair: If you have wavy or curly textured hair extensions and plan to wear the hair wavy or curly you need to apply a curl defining/curl control cream while the hair is wet. This way it will stop the hair from frizzing and lock in the wave or curl in the hair.
You can basically do anything with it; curl, color, brush, comb, and flat iron it to any style just like your natural hair. If you are not familiar with coloring hair please take you extensions to a professional colorist!!!
Most Importantly Have Fun In Your Extensions, Because You Deserve It!